Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sunburst Lemon Bars

Okay, so I'm not sure if these taste like other lemon bars because, quite frankly, I don't even remember the last time I had one.  But I can tell you that they were goood.

The one thing I did different:
I didn't want a big cake pan full of lemon bars sitting at my house, waiting for me when I came home from work, hungry and with no prepared dinner.  So, I halved the recipe and cooked it in a bread loaf pan.  It worked out quite nicely, made the bars a good thickness, and made just enough for us to enjoy a few each. 

Ah, and I think that if you click on "Sunburst Lemon Bars" you can see where I got the recipe from- my ward RS blog. 



Base
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter

Filling
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup lemon juice

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all base ingredients; beat at low speed until crumbly. Press mixture evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9 pan. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until light golden brown.

Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine all filling ingredients except lemon juice; blend well. Stir in 1/4 cup lemon juice.

Remove pan from oven; pour filling over warm base. Return to oven; bake at 350 for an additional 25-30 minutes or until top is light golden brown. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.

In small bowl, combine 1 cup powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for desired glazing consistency; blend until smooth. Glaze cooled bars. Place pan in refrigerator until firm. Cut into bars.

1 comment:

  1. i made these and they were really good. i didn't have the self control however to half the batch.

    ReplyDelete