Sunday, June 19, 2011

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas


Yup.  They turned out quite delicious.  I will make this again for sure.  The chicken had a bit of a sweet taste to it because of the honey, and all the flavors blended together quite nicely.  

I'm not sure the amount you're supposed to put in each tortilla, but the way I did it, we ended up with 6 (very filling) enchiladas.  For the shredded chicken, I just bought a rotisserie chicken, and used that.  My one difficulty was finding Green Enchilada Sauce, which I finally found it at Whole Foods.  Mom said they sell it at Kroger though, so hopefully you won't have any trouble finding it.

Something not on the recipe, but that is probably obvious, that you can do: I sprinkled with fresh diced tomatoes, as well as shredded lettuce (from my garden, yeah!).  I think next time I will add some olives too. 

We ate it with brown rice, cooked with some diced tomatoes in it.  
6 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1 can black beans, rinsed
tortillas
green enchilada sauce
shredded cheddar cheese

1. mix honey, lime juice, chili powder, and chicken together and marinate for at least 1 hour. 
2. cover bottom of baking dish with a small amount of enchilada sauce.  assemble enchilada by placing a heaping spoonful of chicken, a spoonful of beans and cheese in tortillas.  roll up and place in baking dish.  top with remaining sauce and cheese.  
3. bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes or until warmed through and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment