Friday, June 10, 2011

Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes



I really like oatmeal pancakes and this is by farrr the best recipe I've had- they were really light and fluffy and the pancake itself was pretty tasty. This recipe makes the perfect amount for breakfast for two. I'm sure you could just use all white flour if you don't have wheat, and instead of buttermilk I used half yogurt and half milk, but I'm sure only just normal milk would work too.

Ingredients
10 tablespoons quick cooking oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk

Mix dry ingredients, whisk in wet ingredients. You may need to add a little water/milk to get the consistency right. Cook on griddle.

1 comment: