Monday, October 3, 2011

Bean-and-Tortellini Zuppa



This is one of my favorite soups.... fyi.

1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
1, 15-oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1, 15-oz can diced tomatoes
1 small zucchini
2, 14-oz cans low-sodium chicken broth
9 oz pkg cheese tortellini
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
(also tastes good with celery and spinach added)

1. Sautee carrots, onion, and garlic in oil until softened.
2. Add all other ingredients.  Mix and bring to a boil.
3. When it is boiling, add tortellini.  Cook until tortellini are soft.
4. Enjoy

6 comments:

  1. Katharine, I made this soup and we really liked it, however, I have a question for you.
    what do you use for broth? I combined all of the ingredients but there didn't seem to be enough liquid so I added a couple cans of chicken broth. Am I missing something?
    I love this blog. I check in every few weeks to see what new has been added. I keep thinking I am going to try out some of your recipes but so far this the the only one I have made. But I will do more. Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey aunt nancy! i had no idea we had any followers. haha. glad you like this!
    So i am just noticing that there is an error on my list of ingredients. i put the chicken broth and tortellini on the same line. :( sorry!!!! I'm fixing it right now. but so normally i use 2 cans chicken broth, and if i want more liquid, i think i just add more.
    man oh man, i can't believe i messed up. good reminder to me to re-read my posts. :) hope you are well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aunt nancy, do you want to add recipes to here too? i mean, you are an original Lovell. bern doesn't quite get how to make posts and everything...so i know it's not for everyone. but if you do, we can add you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hesitatingly say "Yes, I would love to participate and honored that you would invite me" because I am so techno illiterate. But yes, what do I need to know to be able to do it. I suppose Joe could give me the basics and teach me how to post a recipe and a picture, but anything else I should know? Just don't make me give you a picture of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, you're funny. what's your email address? i can send you an invite, and tell you how to do it, and then you can see if you like it or not. perhaps it will encourage bernice to try harder. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My email address is nancy.moore@att.net.

    ReplyDelete